Bookie Cookie: Back to Back edition
What? It happens to be Christmas vacation... I have TIME to waste.
Cookie 1: Shacked Up- Kate Cann (I think)
Well, I borrowed this book from Bernina (yihee, special mention!!) to read during the holidays.
The storyline mainly revolves around this guy named Rich (which is very awkward BTW coz I have a blockmate named Rich) who has to share his apartment flat with a girl named... uhh... Bonny. Ha, See? I do remember stuff *ish proud*. Anyway, the guy's a jackass and gets territorial of the flat that DOESN'T EVEN BELONG TO HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE. And...uhh... other stuff go along the way.
Personally, I think the plotline is pretty shallow, but it IS realistic. The romance came in extremely small hints... if it ever came at all. And though, I find myself hating a lot of characters like Portia- the stuck up biotch, and Tigger- the over-bearing mom, yes that is her real name. They made me think about a lot of stuff... psychological stuff........... but mostly how I'd hate them if they were real peoplezz.
Another thing I noticed about this book is that I didn't know where the setting was. I guess this comes with not buying the first book. I'm pretty sure they're in London or somewhere in the UK 'coz they kept saying "bloody this" and "bloody that" and they use terms like "flat" and "lift".... but they use the term "mate" for friends... isn't that like... Aussie? Not sure, though. Being in the Philippines all my life, I have no clear idea of the modern linguistics of other countries. Srsly. It would've been nice if the author dropped a few hints, though.
Cookie 2: More Twisted by Jeff Deaver
Now, this book I haven't even been halfway through and I'm absolutely in love with it. It's a mystery-suspense book, but not completely a novel. More like a collection of short stories. I like this book; it challenges my critical thinking and my deductive reasoning. "More Twisted" is right. The stories have a lot of twists and turns and a whole lot of fun.
My favorites so far would be the one about Luke and the one about the schizophrenic mother. I recommend this to mystery and suspense fans as well as everyone who'd want to read something. lol.
Well, that was short... I'll update when I read more.
Labels: Bookie-Cookies
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home