Idiotic Filipino
I'm about to finish Bob Ong's fifth book. It's called "stainless longganisa". Why it is called like so... ask him.
I must say... his works have impressed me so far. At first I thought he was one of those cheesy essay writers who get their message through by overused satire
(or humor, if you consider it like that...) First read- meh... I mean, it was okay. I guess it's not really the author's fault but I think he's a bit (just a teeny, weeny bit) overrated. Although once you read it through (I mean...like... in the span of two hours. REALLY. It's a short book.)you get to understand the real genius of the writer. Genius, I mean the genuine ideas- No, I don't think he has an IQ of 135. Overall he is a good writer... who should never run out of material. GO BO!
P.S. So maybe not 2 hours... maybe 4... 5 tops... with breaks in between..
Labels: Bookie-Cookies, Halt-the psycho rambles
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home